August 21, 2012 by rvncarpentry
With so many different rooms, it can be hard to determine where to start. Here are few remodeling trends you’ll be seeing in 2012:
- Kitchen counter-tops are still favoring granite in an array of colors, but wood block is making it’s way in as well. Traditional maple butcher block counter-tops are becoming popular as an alternate surface in the kitchen.
- Wood flooring continues to be popular, with the distressed look often being used.
- LED lighting is a growing trend as they are cool to the touch and provide energy efficiencies. These are great for fitting in smaller, less-convenient areas.
- Outdoor updates are popular throughout the recession people travel less and stay home more. Creating a good flow from inside to out seems to be a priority.
- Window and door replacements can add a fresh touch to your home, while also helping you save on energy costs.
Would you like to see one of these remodel trends in your home? Contact me for a free, no-obligation quote!